We're looking for a superstar Content Creator Intern to join our team at our Ponsonby coworking space. The Workshop Auckland is a community-centric co-working space and event venue - a creative shared office for purpose-led teams & business owners. We’re home to coffee brewers, ethical fashion designers, wellness copywriters, genetic code analysers, social media marketing ninjas, Getty photographers and generally epic humans. We have a big focus on wellness, consciousness and building genuine connections within the community.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone to join our epic team to design and produce captivating content. You’ll work with us to get to know The Workshop as a business, a brand and our values. You’ll oversee content creation including writing punchy copy, creating social media campaigns and producing video content. You will also provide support with other marketing related tasks.
You will be responsible for assisting in forward planning of basic marketing tasks such as EDM production, social media and content production. You will take an active role in contributing to the execution of successful marketing strategies.
You will develop crucial, real-world skills in a fast pace environment, and will have the opportunity to learn from our exceptionally smart, fun and quirky team.
You will need to be confident, independent, capable and task orientated. You’re a problem solver that shows initiative. We’re looking for someone friendly and able to work alongside a diverse range of people. You have exceptional organizational skills, a high level of accuracy, outstanding time management and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re confident to share your ideas and try new things. Most importantly, you are hungry to learn and eager to show you've got what it takes!
Three Key Areas of Support:
- Digital & Print Design
- Video production & editing
- Written content
We'll gladly accept applications that have experience with 2/3 of these areas. And expert at all 3? Great! We can't wait to hear from you.
- Effectively use the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Develop and build digital advertising for both social and web platforms
- Develop quality print ready media for advertising, media and print ready PDF's
- Create, film and edit quality videos of our members, community events and video testimonials for use on social media and our website
- Add your own creative flare and design ideas
Why we’re better than a big corporate gig
- The learning opportunity is massive. You get to play an important role in real, hands-on projects. You won’t just be pushing papers or doing grunt work with us.
- You’re surrounded by dozens of talented, friendly entrepreneurs and startups, daily which gives you an incredible chance to build your network and business relationships with people from heaps of different industries.
- You get to work in a down-to-earth, relaxed, creative environment - we have fun activities like community lunches, lunch and learns, yoga & meditations weekly
- You get ongoing mentoring and personal development from our Founder, Kristen. She’s passionate about helping support the growth of up and coming creatives. You’ll get weekly support to help you progress on your career path - whether that’s finding direction, providing introductions or helping you get more experience.
What We Offer
- Autonomy and creative freedom with our full support
- Goal setting and support in your professional development
- An epic reference for your CV and introductions to anyone in the business community we can help facilitate a connection with
- The opportunity to be involved with and learn about areas of the business outside of the job description that you’re passionate about
- A casual work environment at the The Workshop Auckland surrounded by creatives, startups and entrepreneurs
“This role gave me an opportunity to learn how to manage projects and spearhead social media campaigns. It may be an internship, but it was extremely hands-on. It’s also a great environment to be in - creative, relaxed and a productive space to be in. Kristen, the founder, was also there whenever I needed guidance, but she was also willing to give me creative freedom and was very open to my ideas. My favourite part of the experience was getting to network with so many amazing entrepreneurs - some of whom even offered me other jobs to build my portfolio. It’s an inspiring place to be, and I’m super glad I got to be a part of The Workshop crew.” - Prasanna Nara, previous intern.
We are able to accommodate AUT Co-Op students for their placement. Full or part-time to suit.
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Take the chance to become a part of our shared office space Ponsonby today and connect with epic entrepreneurs and other employees. Get in touch with us today!